06 | December | 2023
j2 Taking Centre Stage in the eVTOL Design, Development and Simulation Market
j2 Aircraft Dynamics Ltd previously announced the new v7 release of its Universal Tool-Kit and its impact on the growing eVTOL application areas. The rise in projects focused on unconventional aircraft designs supporting the interest in the eVTOL market is growing at a fast pace. The unconventional designs also bring with them a host of technical challenges. These include:
- The distribution of mass and its impact on inertias throughout all phases of flight.
- The impact of multi rotor vortices and their interactions especially in downwash and up-wash dynamics and downwash ingestion.
- The flight control system logic that is able to model pilot control inputs and the corresponding response of the motors, rotors, and aircraft.
- Better understand the aircraft responses, rate demands and rates of change and their impact on pilot induced oscillations (PIO’s), resulting in a potential loss of control (LoC).
- Failure modes, recovery strategies and outcomes
- Being able to demonstrate tangible and measurable progress and improvement in the safe operation of the aircraft to stake holders and investors.
J2 Universal Tool-Kit is fully engaged within the eVTOL design industry and the latest version v7 opens up even more capability supporting the identification and evaluation of design and control solutions to the challenges summarised above.
The current race to test flying seems to mirror the Wright brothers experience i.e. that actual test flying is the only way forwards.
With the rapid developments in digital twin technology and j2’s own capabilities in this area, the creation of digital twins and the ability to then fly the aircraft within the software, is already commercial reality. j2 commercially offers the capability to do this off line, faster than in real time, with no risk of loss and is able to evaluate any and all manoeuvres including the impact of environmental disturbances on core stability and control.
Latest In News and BlogView All
18 | October | 2023
J2 Complete Integration With CHARM From CDi to Support Growth in High Fidelity Model to Simulation of Helicopters, Helicopter Design and Modelling and Evaluation of Multirotor Aircraft in The Growing eVTOL market
J2 are pleased to announce that they have successfully developed and replaced the previous third party Blade Element Rotor Model (BERM) for high fidelity…Read More
27 | October | 2020
This article follows on from the most recent news article, dated 9 April, 2020 from j2 Aircraft Dynamics, of their collaboration with Skai, an…Read More
10 | December | 2021
j2 Aircraft Dynamics have been awarded the Cyber Essentials certificate for the 2nd year running from JOSCAR, the joint supply chain…Read More